Friday, January 29, 2010

Anyone that knows me at all... Knows I love my coffee!

Pin It I have had such a productive week this far.  I've been kicking butt and taking names on the longarm, first off.  This pleases me because lately it has seemed like I've been in a bit of a slump and was getting nowhere fast.  This week I've gotten 5 quilts done so far, one of them being a heavy custom.  Today, I finished this little beauty.

 

Yes, it's old.  Yes, it's hand pieced.  Yes, it's hand appliqued.  Yes, it's also hand embroidered.  And no matter how much I pleaded with my customer she would not have it hand quilted.  She wanted it machine quilted...  with a stipple.  Sigh.  I have to give them what they want, right?  I did at least lower my SPI to 8.5 to kind of make it look a little more like it was hand quilted. 
Anyway!  Being that I've been so productive, when I got to work this morning, after finishing that beauty (I think it's purdiful, anyway but I love antique quilts no matter how stained or aged they are!) I decided to have a "me" project before starting the next quilt...  which is half done by the way (yay!).  I wanted to do something quick, easy and that would get used a lot.  Hmmmm...  what to do, what to do?

DUH!  I made a coffee sleeve!

 

And it even velcros!

 

I forbid you to pay any attention what so ever to my nails as I've decided to let them grow out rather than force myself to tears taking the suckers off.  But the sleeve is cute, right?  I'm diggin' it!  I actually made 6 more, but have no pictures because I took them over to my Starbucks baristas because they all told me if I ever made them they each wanted one (geez, like my tipping them isn't enough?!).  =]

These little buggers are seriously fast and easy, anyone could make one.  I have a feeling I'll be making a lot of them, so I even made a plastic template for the cutout shape so I won't ever have to "wing it".  Give me ten or 15 minutes and one of these puppies is DONE!  woo! 

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you finally did a project I think I could even probably figure out. LOL

    ReplyDelete