Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Silly Things We Do...

Pin It All day today I kept thinking I wanted to work on my CLC blocks.  Even if it was just a little here and there I wanted to feel like I am getting somewhere on that quilt!  By the end of the day I had managed to piece together the first two pieces of each of the remaining 46 blocks I have to make.  Also, by the end of the day my lack of sleep last night was definitely taking its toll on me!

Nonetheless, when I decided to pack it in and leave work (early!  I left at 6!!!), I packed up my sewing machine with everything I was bringing home, along with my blocks, pieces, ironing board, etc.  I had this genius idea on the drive home:



YES!  What do you do when you feel like you're too tired to sew?  You convert your bed and nightstand into your own personal mobile sewing unit!  I was so excited!  AND I got a total of 4 pieces of each of the 46 remaining blocks sewn together and pressed.  I'm taking my time, watching 16 Candles (again... and again... and again!), using my Start/Stop button rather than my foot control and when I'm done on the machine I get to lay back into a huge pile of pillows with my ironing board on my lap and do my pressing.

WHY didn't I think of this sooner?!

On another note, I posted about the Pucci Pouch on Sunday.  I have since received an email with pictures of this darling young lady and her adorable little Chloe in said Pucci Pouch that I just feel so compelled to share.  Too cute!


That's all for today my lovelies!

6 comments:

  1. Not silly at all. Your fellow quilters understand. Now, how am I going to break it to the hubby & our 3 little chihuahuas that momma is kicking them out to convert the bed to my new sewing center:0 What a delimma:)

    Oh, by the way! What an awesome pucci pouch & pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is sick! ha ha Sounds like something i could come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, sick as in totally awesome? Or sick as in... I should seek help? :P
    It was so much fun and great to get a break to lay back and do my pressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DeAnn, somehow I missed your comment! While I think there would still be room for your widdle itty bitty chihuahuas, poor hubby would be out of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, are you saying I should watch 16 Candles when I sew then? Hmmmm.... I haven't seen it yet. Convince me I want to watch an 80's movie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Jess. Seriously. There has GOT to be something wrong with you. How have you never seen these movies? I forget what the other ones are you haven't seen that are *awesomenicity* but 16 Candles? Really? You NEEEEEEEED to become acquainted with Jake Ryan and Farmer Ted!

    ReplyDelete