Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some super duper top secret goings-on and (of course) a pretty!

Pin It So, my quilty friends a lot has been going on!

I'm trying my hardest to get somewhat caught up on the longarm waiting list but it's really hard to do when you're just not feeling inspired for that particular task.  I wish I could force myself to stand in front of the quilt machine long enough to finish what I've got on the frame because it will be so pretty!  It's just that all the ideas in my head are flowing like melted buttah and I just want to concentrate on them!

The So You Think You Can Quilt contest officially begins tomorrow.  It took me about 45 minutes to come up with my design for the first month's theme in my head.  I'm not allowed to share any details about it because it's supposed to be anonymous entry so those that vote can't just vote for their friends.  But let me just tell you, in my head...  it's fabuloso.  Let's just hope that when it comes to fruition that it's as great as it is in my head!

I need a few things that I don't have to do it.  Things that I also can't get without either ordering them online or getting to a Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  Lucky for me (well, actually  not so lucky) I have to head back to Denver on Monday for doctor things and am planning to raid the crafty stores like no tomorrow.

The entries are due February 28th and voting will be the week after that so I'll keep you posted and while I'm sure you'll probably be able to figure out which one is mine, I'll eventually post it so you can tell me if it's horrible.  =]

Another thing I'm super duper excited about...  I have decided to make my first art quilt.  Not just any art quilt.  A photo mosaic art quilt.  Again, I'm not sharing aaaaaaany of the details on this puppy because if it turns out well, who knows what may happen with it.  I don't want my idea posted on the interweb (though some of my readers have seen the photo that is my inspiration).  It's going to be a ginormous headache that will be worth every last Motrin I will have to take.

I know what you're thinking:  "Shut up and get to the pretties!"  Well, ask and you shall receive.

I've been gushing on and on to anyone that would listen about my silk dupioni kit that I coveted for quite some time and finally broke down and ordered.  Lovely, wonderful shiny silk dupioni.  This particular kit is 16 fat quarters from the Sew Red collection.  For those that don't know, Sew Red product sales benefit the American Heart Association, a cause that hits very close to home for me.  Even still, I would've bought this stuff if it DIDN'T benefit the AHA!  So here...  in all their glory...  are my silk dupioni fat quarters:



And of course, here is the quilt that you're supposed to make from these fat quarters, but I haven't yet decided if I will, or come up with my own little number for them:





Isn't it all so yummy?!  I ♥ it to pieces and can't wait for a day or two to come open in my schedule to just dig in and tackle it.  Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment