Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I really just have to ask...

Pin It In what universe is it okay to walk all over someone's quilt top?!?!

"I thought it was a rug..."

Really?  It looks like a rug?  You walk into a quilt shop and see $100+ dollars worth of fabric that took 75 or so hours to cut up and then sew it back together and you think it's a rug??  I can see how you'd be confused!  Unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened.  Sigh.

So after spending the first hour of my morning ripping out and re-piecing the last row of the CLC (because I noticed in my pictures that two blocks were turned the wrong way), I then got to spend the next two hours cleaning snow and mud off of it.  :(

All is not lost, my loveleys (Lovelies?).  It is now hanging on the lattice on display.  And I am attaching the binding to the masterpiece!  And when I'm done with that, I will finish (?) trying to fix my catastrophic boo-boo on my SYTYCQ entry.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I would have been upset. Especially, after all the work I know you have put into that beautiful quilt. I'm surprised you didn't shoot first and ask questions later. THE NERVE!!!! Hope it cleans up easy for you.

    ReplyDelete