Monday, February 22, 2010

I should be in Vegas because I am on... a... roll!

Pin It When I woke up this morning I was convinced that by lunchtime I'd be a worthless pile of flesh crying in the fetal position. Maybe just knowing that the source of all my pain and misery for the last 15 years will soon be gone is enough to make it more tolerable. I don't know, I don't care. But I do know that I had yet another super productive day!  Two days in a row??  Too good to be true??  Apparently not.

I had two quilts that were quilted but needed to be trimmed, "drag" threads cut, basting stitches ripped out, etc.  So that is how I began my day.  I love this black and red one (more for the story behind it than for the quilt itself):

 

Now, this next one is pretty too.  But I just have a question:  Does everyone in the tri-state area bring their tops to me if they want stitching in the ditch?  Because I sure do a lot of it!  

 

 
After that was all done I quilted another throw-sized quilt with just a stipple, but still...  it brings my count down to 68 on my list!  Then I made 500 inches of binding and attached it to the stitch-in-the-ditch quilt above because this particular customer does *not* like doing it!  Okay by me.  

After all that it was still only 4pm.  What to do, what to do?  Oh oh oh!  "I'll finish the CLC!"  And finish the CLC, I did.  Here it is!

 

The final piecing took 3 hours, so I quickly made another 550 inches of binding to attach to the masterpiece.  Not sure when I'll get to that, though.  Tomorrow I'm teaching a lesson on how to make a quilt, Ladders of Life by Kaye England.  It's the second quilt I ever made, and it should be interesting because I made it a year ago and now I have to show someone else how!  Here's a pretty terrible picture of it:

If the rest of my week goes anything like the last two days have, I think I need a raise!  =]

4 comments:

  1. The log cabinish one is so pretty! I'm thinking you can surely make that work for one of the months on this contest, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. I guess we shall see what themes they come up with. Looking at that picture though, I realize I have to rip out the first row! Blocks 4 and 7 are backwards. BOO! Thankfully it's at the top and not in the middle. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe even blocks 3, 4, 7 and 8? I don't care I'm tired. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL it is Gorgeous!!!!
    So it should be quilted by dinner tomorrow right?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete