Thursday, February 25, 2010

What will I not be doing on Sunday?

Pin It So.  It's pretty safe to say that anyone that reads this knows that Sundays are my "me" days.  Sundays are my days to do what I want to do.  Things for myself.  Make my bags, work on personal projects, projects for friends etc.  It has become my ritual.

With the addition of yarn to our inventory, I decided it would be cool to make fabric bowls and baskets to nestle the skeins of yarn into.  Cool idea huh?  Except it's just one more thing to add to the list of things to do!  And I'm okay with that, because they turn out really neat.  The books came in today that teach you how to make these nifty little crafts.

Another thing I've been wanting to do is make myself some CLOTHES.  I haven't made myself clothes, well, ever!  I have made two skirts, years ago and they still don't have the waistbands put in them.  I ordered the pattern from Amy Butler for the Anna Tunic, which also came in today.  It's a great pattern.  You can make a tunic, cami, dress, mini-dress or... wait...  maybe that's it.  Anyway!  I have a bunch of fabrics that I've ordered and I'm kind of getting burned out on bags.  Besides, my Amy Butler LOVE bag I made is my favorite and I'm going to carry it until it falls apart.

So.  Here are the two things that I really, really, really want to do this weekend:

 

I'm just dying knowing that this is my last weekend before surgery and I don't get a "me" day!  Why don't I get a "me" day?  We're doing inventory.  'Nuff said?  Yeah...  I think so!

But hey, speaking of inventory, here's a few bolts of Blush that came in from Moda yesterday!




The red and teal also match perfectly with Figgy Pudding.  Luckily we still have some left because I adore it!  I just needed something to go with what hasn't sold out!  And ALL of it goes with FruitCake, which will be delivered... ummmmm, I don't remember when but it'll go with it when it gets here and that's all that really matters, right?

As of right now?  I have nowhere to put this fabric, or the 75+ other bolts we have stashed in the classroom.  Hopefully after inventory/rearranging/organizing this weekend (cross your fingers we get it all done!), these tasty treats will have a home.

By the way, inventory this weekend?  Means we're closed on Saturday!

Happy weekend to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, inventory. Time to climb under a rock and hide. Yeah. I LOVE that Amy Butler pattern. Might have to borrow it when you're done. Or buy it from you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, we ordered 3 so you can buy one if you want, or borrow. Whichever works for me. I might just let you have at it first since you'd probably get it done before me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - You won a Buttercuppity giveaway?! Just saw that on the blog. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is a Buttercuppity giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buttercuppity is a blog and she did a week's worth of giveaways. Melissa won a half apron!

    ReplyDelete