Saturday, March 13, 2010

I really was going to do the dishes today...

Pin It But why would I do that when my Quilter's Block is OVER?!

I had more of my fabric delivered from work today, including a bunch of scraps from various quilts and purses that I've made.  I've been trying and trying to no avail to find a non-traditional scrappy quilt pattern that I liked.  Today I just decided to forget all that nonsense and I'd just make one up.  Now, of course it's nothing fancy and you'll see that when it's finished (it's so easy a cave man could do it) but it's for me, and it's a throw I can use while I'm watching TV (like that ever really happens but I'm justifying, here!).  The good news is that a bunch of my scraps will not go to waste.  You can't tell how much "scrappage" there really is by this picture but you guessed it, it will be another green/blue quilt!

Of course, I had to bribe my poor kitty with treats again to be able to get into the sewing room without her sneaking in behind me.

Little booger.  Anyway, I worked on cutting my scraps and additional yardage I'd need for the quilt and then started sewing right away.  It was such a nice day out, I even had the windows to the sewing room open!  I got about 1/4 of the piecing done, and was locked away in my own little world for almost 6 hours!  It felt good to be productive.

Then, (after taking a pain pill and resting on the couch for about a half hour) I decided I needed to get out of the house (for the first time) and go grocery shopping.  I slipped into my favorite pair of jammy pants, threw on a cardigan and off I went!  With a stop at Starbucks first, of course.  After Starbucks I went to the shop to get some more batiste for lining in the next shirt I want to make and holy mackerel we have gotten a lot of fabric in!*  I've been waiting and waiting and waiting on a Riley Blake group called Cool Water to come in because I just love it and I ordered every piece!  We're missing one bolt apparently, but luckily have one already that looks exactly like it.  So after I'm done with my throw I will be working with this yumminess

We also got some Make Life in from Moda (*Melissa, I totally thought I skipped over it with the rep but turns out I DID order some!  Only four bolts, but we do also have another new Riley Blake that would've been pretty darn cute for your border!).  I was totally going to cut off a couple yards of each of those fabrics to play with too, but decided I've got enough on my plate for now.

So all in all, I had a FANTASTIC day and was more active than I've been in all the last 8 days combined.  It felt really great, and now I'm pooped.  Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! ♥

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I really love that fabric! I plan on making the mat and ironing board like your turquoise and green you did and I already have some fabric that I plan on using. I wish now that I had waited on the fabric because I totally love this so much better. May have to rethink my color scheme and do that instead! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Can't wait to get out there on the 27th. DeAnn had to call your mom and tell her to pop some thread in the mail. I told DeAnn that it was too bad that we had plans today or I might have been tempted to drive her out there today. I told her that it would have been totally crazy to drive all the way to Colby for a spool of thread but I have been known to do much crazier things. Oh well, any excuse is better than none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the saddle I see! Giddyup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miss Lisa. I was totally thinking about you today. Sorry the store was closed. Hmm. Maybe I can walk with you tomorrow if you're up for it. Although I may have an entourage (ages 6 and under of course.) I have been *quilting* my SYTYCQ quilt!!!! Almost done. It's taken up my whole month so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, I can't say I'd blame you if you chose to go in a different direction! These colors are awesome. I'm making my Easter dress out of the one that I have unfolded at the top and draped over all of the other cuts. :D
    Sus, I WAS back in the saddle. I'm on again, off again it seems!
    Melissa, I'm so jealous. I haven't even started mine yet. I have the supplies (I think), I have the idea, I just don't have the drive to do it. I'm getting worried because everything I've pieced since I've been home hasn't been... fun. I haven't enjoyed doing it like I normally do. Boo!
    I will probably call you next week after the weather clears up and see what you're up to! I go back to Denver Monday and then Tuesday and Wednesday are mine, all mine!

    ReplyDelete