Monday, March 8, 2010

SYTYCQ Round one: And the winner is...

Pin It
 

This is the quilt that took first place in the contest.  Simple and sweet.  She made it for her daughter and freemotion quilted the wording to make it look like her own penmanship.  Sweet idea, yes?
My quilt took second place.


My favorite quilt in the contest, and the one I voted for is my friend, Melissa's.  She even gave me the honor of quilting it for her.  She's such a creative person, you'll see that when you visit her blog.  You can also see her latest "recipe" for the Moda Bakeshop here.  But here's her quilt!
 

  

Isn't it just adorable?!  I didn't know it until now, but she also has a similar mural painted in her house and it just looks darling hanging next to it.  Her kids are seriously three of the cutest little munchkins you will ever meet.
So there are some of the entries from Round One.  I do have other friends that were in the contest but they have yet to tell me which entries were theirs.  I have a feeling I know one of them, but I'll wait to find out from the horse's mouth.

Now I'm gearing up to start Round Two's entry.  I'm really excited about it and again, it's gorgeous in my head, it's just a matter of making it turn out the way I want it to.  That, of course requires me to be able to actually work on it.  I'm itching to sit in front of my sewing machine again and I'm thinking that tonight I'll gather some help carrying my things and bringing them home so I can get back into the swing of things.  

Thanks to everyone who voted this month.  I hope the fun continues and everyone stays active with voting for their favorite quilt!

1 comment:

  1. We had a tight race going there, didn't we? Your quilt was amazing and I'm glad to put a face to its creator. I can't WAIT to see what you turn out next month.

    ReplyDelete