Saturday, April 24, 2010

3-D Fun with Prairie Points

Pin It For whatever reason, I've been wanting to make another baby quilt lately.  It's been a while since I've made one, and I'm really hoping that one of my friends gets knocked up soon and has a girl because I love this little quilt.
I love the bright colors and it's made primarily from Riley Blake's Summer Song collection with one piece of Rainy Days and Mondays mixed in.  I still have to add the border(s?) which is basically like the kiss of death when it comes to my quilts.  If I don't get it done right after I piece the center, I sometimes procrastinate like you wouldn't believe when it comes to the borders.  It's bothering me that it isn't symmetrical so I'm really going to have to fight the urge to rip off that last row.  It was also really hard for me to just sew squares together without ever-so-strategically planning the placement of each print.  I need help.  Seriously.  My scrappy quilts?  They're never really scrappy at all.  You'd be amazed at how much time I spend planning out every little piece.  But I digress.
The funny thing is that in all of my fatigued wisdom, I actually made twice the amount of prairie points that I actually needed to make the quilt.  In my defense, I was originally only going to use two fabrics, so I would've needed two of each for each block.  I guess my brain just never switched gears.  Sigh!
My coffee mug looks gross, but I promise it's just from the froth of my latte!  Anyway, since I have all of these leftover prairie points, I could easily take another hour or so and make another of these little cuties.  Which I just might do.  Because I can.  And there are always babies that need to be wrapped in something bright and cheery.
For now, I'll just keep this one to smile at every time I look at it.
I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, and that everyone's weather isn't as craptastic as ours!
Now I'm off to work on a new bag design because today is a perfect day for sewing!

3 comments:

  1. You're so funny. I'm always like, well, this almost matches, let's throw it in. I think I may be declared the scrap queen though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally fun quilt. can't wait to see your new bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I will do a *true* scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete