Friday, April 23, 2010

I am the master of the universe. Again. Kinda.

Pin It The Amy Butler Anna Tunic/dress saga continues...

I finished my re-dos of this dress!  As if you (or I) need a reminder, here is the before:

The dress made me feel blobby and like I should be bathing in Miracle-Gro.  Blech.  I couldn't waste the fabric and I had already made a bag out of it.  So I decided to cut it up and make it into a shirt and skirt.

I'm not going to get too long-winded on this one because my brain becomes more and more mushy with every passing day/hour/minute and I can't even remember how much ripping out and re-doing I did on my re-dos but the important thing is that they're done.  All thanks to a little thing I like to call insomnia.  =]

I now present you with two of my favorite wardrobe items:

The skirt is still a little bit too big in the waist but when I roll the hem it works out and stays up.  The picture is pretty awful because I also had to roll up my shirt so you could see the contrast drop-waist.  The tunic makes me look even more flat-chested than I really am but I'm okay with that because I have nobody to impress anyway.  And I need a tan.  Badly.  I'm pretty sure I glow in the dark and would melt in the sun.

Job well done?  Meh.  Not the greatest but the garments will actually get worn now, and that's what is important to me!

Now I'm off to not sew and not design junk in EQ all night.  Maybe.  I'm watching a movie cuddled in bed and hopefully sleeping tonight.

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I really like them both, especially the band around the bottom of the tunic-it finishes it so nicely. But the skirt is SUPER cute! Way to salvage and lol at the miracle gro bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO much better! I love the top now and I thought i didn't care for that collar. Who knew? I thought I was the only one who did the rolled waistband thing. I'm like, hmm, this would look good a little shorter today, three rolls should do it. Just wear a loose top and it's all good!

    ReplyDelete