Tuesday, April 27, 2010

If only I could clone myself...

Pin It
I would be so much happier with the amount of things I could get done!
I have been trying lately to come up with a skirt and bag pattern for an event coming up.  I didn't feel like following a pattern.  I like to decide how big, how many pockets, how it lays, etc.  I was pretty excited when I finished my bag sample and only made a few adjustments to the sample for the "final product" of my labors.  Here is the sample.  I will show the final version soon enough.

As for the skirt, I broke down and bought a pattern.  The cover example on the pattern looked simple enough, but I didn't want to take any chances and just bought it.  What a waste of $14!!  I could've gotten a Simplicity much cheaper with better results.  Overall, I do like the skirt.  It's just not the fit and flow that I was really wanting.  Now before I post the picture, I just have to say that I didn't actually "pick out" these fabrics.  They were just laying behind my cutting counter and I quickly cut them out because they were handy! Skirt sample I made last night:
Dislike.  Now I know that it needs to be pulled up higher for the waist to look right, but then it wouldn't be as long as I want it.  I wasn't even going to bother hemming it when I was done because after I tried it on I thought, "diiiiislike" but decided to just get it done and over with.
I rolled around ideas in my head for a while and decided to make another sample, only my own "design" that I had wanted to originally do anyway (before I started thinking too much about it and bought a stupid pattern!).  I pulled out more of my Amy Butler and here is skirt sample 2:
I'll give you three guesses which one I like better.  And you can't tell that I love Daisy Chain at all can you?  Unfortunately it's getting hard to find now!  :(
But now, I'm super happy because I have a success skirt to make my final version off of, a matching bag that I also made my final version off of, AND it all matches my blue shoes!  I wear my blue shoes a lot, but they never really match what I'm wearing so this just has me tickled pink!

Somebody please tell me they like it all, so I don't feel like I wasted an entire night of sewing!  (Who am I kidding?  I like it so you have to, right??!!)
Now I just need the weather to get warm.  And to actually make the final versions.  Woo!


  1. Like LIke like. Like it all. Even the skirt you don't like. Way to go! How exciting since I kinda know what the finished project will look like now!

  2. I just realized that the two skirts look exactly the same in the photos! haha They're *basically* the same but not *exactly* the same. Know what I mean?
    I'm planning to have the final version done tonight! By 10pm. I have something else I want to work on afterward so let's cross our fingers! :o)

  3. Uh, how about I love it all?! Even the first sample skirt. I would totally wear all of that. I say time very well spent!

  4. I think it's all cute but I especially love the bag.

  5. Thanks, ladies! I just can't wait to wear it all now. I was so close to putting on one of the skirts yesterday when I saw that our high for the day was over 80 degrees but with the wind, you never know what it'll feel like. I'm a weenie about being cold! =]

  6. just found your blog and this page....and have to tell you, I love it all! it's soooooo happy!

  7. Hi there Dear, are you really visiting this site on a regular basis, if
    so afterward you will definitely obtain fastidious experience.

    my homepage - WARTROL AUSTRLIA