Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shine a little light on everything around you... Charity Challenge Progress Report - First Edition

Pin It


I've been meaning to write this for a couple of days now.  I just haven't felt like it.  Honestly, I haven't felt like doing much of anything lately.  I'm getting into a rut and am trying to "sew it out" (haha! seriously...).  I finished quilting three baby sized quilts for my Charity Challenge on Sunday, and got the binding completed on one of them today.  They're not the cutest quilts in the world, but I'm trying to use up some of the fabric I already have cut into yardages, so I ended up with these:

The strip sets that made up these three quilts were actually intended to make one large quilt.  One that had no purpose other than me having something to do.  I pieced the strip sets together when I was home recovering from surgery.  I pulled them out of their project box and thought, why not make them into smaller quilts?  I had to do a little ripping and re-sewing on them to size them out, but they turned out pretty cute.  For whatever reason, my camera isn't taking the best pictures lately but I suppose the photo is pretty representative of how they look.

I'm trying to decide if I'll mail them to their respective destinations as I make them, or if I'll save them all up and ship them at one time.  Maybe if I mail them as I make them it won't seem like I'm spending so much on shipping.  But on the other hand, I rarely get a chance to go to the post office, so I'm leaning toward sending them all at once.  What do you think?  How would you do it?

I will be having my bi-monthly sew-in in mid-July (that there was a whole lot of hyphenating!) and I will be working almost exclusively on projects for this charity challenge during the course of that weekend.  I'm so excited!  Between quilting an insane number of quilts (65 so far this year), making shop samples and trying to get a little sleep every now and then, it seems like my time is so limited.  So having about 48 hours to do nothing but sew will be a very welcomed change.

I've got a couple of more pieces of news on this whole charity thingy mabobber that I'd like to share, but I'm not ready to just yet.  We'll talk more about that later!



"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait
a single moment before starting to improve the world."
Anne Frank

6 comments:

  1. Aww huggs! Cute quilts. I would mail them all at once. Great quote. Reminds me of the one I posted on FB page this morning "Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein." And very very cool..I just love Megan!! Have a wonderful rest of the week, and a glorious weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little baby quilts! If I had a boy, I would die for a quilt that adorable-- yet not girly. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, that quilt you did for the lady who couldn't afford to have it quilted was just awesome. I looked her site over; she's very talented -- but so are you! That quilting made the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you.are.amazing. have I said that? yes? well, you are. and I think those quilts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks ladies! I'm really having a lot of fun with this and dreaming up some more fun stuff than what I normally get to do so it's awesome!
    @Leisel, if/when (?) you have a boy, I will make him a quilt!
    @Melissa, that's the quilt I quilted when we got back from Market! Although I was so tired when we got home I basically loaded it on the machine and stared at it for half a day trying to figure out how to quilt it! =]
    @Sabra, I accidentally sent you an email response, that didn't even have my whole response. I must be tired!

    ReplyDelete