Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A milestone, a (sorta) finish, a couple of funnies and an important message...

Pin It I'm thinking that I've had a productive year.  I've talked numbers before, which I'm trying not to do anymore, but I just feel waaaaay deep down that this deserves some recognition.

Yesterday was a big day for me.  Why?  Well, it was Tuesday, of course.  Hello?!?!

No but really, it was a big day.  As I was reading along my "list", trying to make a plan for the next week or so, I realized that I was working on my 100th quilt of the year.  This is the first year that I've kept tabs on just how many quilts I've done (which isn't that spectacular since it's... ya know... only my second year and all) but I was just a little excited.  I didn't take pictures of it because it was "just" an all-over quilt design and I'd already had it folded up and ready to go by the time I realized that it was meaningful, other than the fact that it was an awesome quilt in general.

Regardless of my time off from March through April, I think 100 quilts by the end of September is awesome!  It's also extremely telling...  my back hurts.  :)

Aside from that 100-quilt-mark, yesterday was just so ridiculously productive, I couldn't help but be in a good mood and work, work work.  Truth be told, I was running back and forth from my embroidery machine to the Gammill, trying to make the best of my time.  It was worth it.  I finished border number two for BeDazzled!

I'm so close now, that I can taste the vindication for the relentless hours of work that went into this.  That outside flower?  Yeah...  again...  supposed to be pink, so that it all flows (pink, yellow, pink, yellow), but I was too tired to fix it and just changed my thread colors.  I really hope it looks cool when it's all done.  I may or may not make some more changes to make it blend better.  :)

After I finished the border piece, I decided to start working on the label for my ovarian cancer quilt.  I already had my embroidery unit ready to go, right?

It was because of my ovarian cancer quilt that Ms. Karen McAwesome gave me my "McLisa" nickname to begin with.  So.  This particular label?  Well...  you'll see...

Yes!  Yessssss!

I keep thinking about this quilt in the future...  people trying to find facts on it and wondering, "who is McLisa Sipes?"  It makes me laugh.  Don't take that away from me!  This label will be on this quilt no matter what happens or where it goes.  True dat, yo.

Speaking of Ms. McTavish... Check this out:  Karen is part of a project that is nothing short of spectacular.

Brave.  An event to celebrate 30 years of The Duluth Model and the safety of women all over the world.  This is an event that hits close to home, and means a lot to a lot of people that I know and love.  If you support charity events, and would like to own a piece of work created by a couple of world-renowned artists, please check it out.  But really, check it out even if you have no intention of donating or purchasing.  The amount of time, work, effort and fabulosity that is going into this is amazing. I've said it before and I'll say it again:  This is a cause you don't want to dismiss.  I cannot express in words the pride I feel in knowing that there are people willing to speak out.

2 comments:

  1. dear
    how to sew that alphabets?
    u do great!!
    sang_merah01@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well as the goods on the manufacturing facility are in reality crafted from overstock components. Consequently, you can find simply no middlemen charges and also rolex replica added fees which can be extra. You can find simply no reductions or perhaps income in which retailers and also shopkeepers retain. And that means you take pleasure in the most affordable achievable value, and acquire the ability to save lots of upwards big money. Thus the next occasion you would like to acquire gucci replica several vintage Chanel hand bags yourself, go surfing and luxuriate in fantastic rewards on your own acquisitions. Any white-colored or even a grayscale bags can be a need to, consequently to numerous popular trend developers which developed numerous chanel replica great, high end bags. As much global manufacturers, German leading artist Gucci's fresh Delight Assortment offers several white-colored and also african american & white-colored bags. Gucci's offer will be extensive and also burberry replica actually intriguing, hence creating challenging to decide on. Just about the most odd bag regarding rolex replica this kind of assortment can be a white-colored GG cloth bag together with grayscale plants embelleshment, metallic appliqués and also african american crocodile reduce, together with twice african american addresses.

    ReplyDelete