Monday, September 20, 2010

Something a little different

Pin It I realize that I probably talk about Karen McTavish entirely too much (by the way, she gave me another nickname today:  "McRockstar!!!").  When people inspire you, it's only to be expected, right?

A few weeks ago, Karen shared a video that she and her sister, Kathy (a cellist, poet and artist) made together.  Now I'd like to share it with you.

I would hope that if you know (and even if you don't know) just a tiny bit about Karen as a person or what she's been through, you'll be able to see the beauty, pain and meaning in this video.  And why it makes me cry.  Every. Single. Time I watch it.  Watch it all the way to the end.  I hope you like it.

The Quilt/ I

3 comments:

  1. I know of Karen and her work, but know nothing of her personal story. This video feels so dark and painful. It makes me wonder what she has had to work through on her journey to becoming the fabulous artist that she is. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love Karen. She has been an immense inspiration for me too. Without her influence I would have been a so so quilter. She has a deep soul and wealth of personal history that makes her a strong woman that I so admire. I'm from Hayward WI (90 miles south of Duluth) and feel blessed to be so close to all the quilting talent in Duluth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a extremely eye-catching carrier, considerably better to get a younger and also chanel replica handbags stylish girl who wants to be noticeable rather than a vintage, midsection outdated girl, which may well favor one thing a lot more standard. Once more extremely younger and also tag heuer replica odd could be the "hysteria" carrier, a big leading deal with carrier created by grayscale buckskin together with african american buckskin reduce. This kind of also can be a gorgeous carrier to get a younger, glamour girl. Many different, using a replica watches uk a lot more vintage yet concurrently everyday seem, can be an bag created by white-colored GG cloth together with dim yellowish or perhaps african american buckskin reduce for sale in diverse dimensions sufficient reason for diverse deal with programs. Gleam model together with american platinum eagle buckskin reduce and also prada replica mild rare metal components with an really shimmering seem! One more extremely glamour carrier can be a method glenohumeral joint carrier together with individual tie created by white-colored dialux cloth together with green/red/green unique net, white-colored buckskin reduce, and also louis vuitton replica mild rare metal components plus a huge metallic twice Gary ornament.

    ReplyDelete