Monday, July 11, 2011

Rockin' Robin Quilt-Along Week 2: STARS!

Pin It It's that time again!  Today we reveal Melissa's row in this modern quilt sew-along.
If you're just joining us, you have plenty of time to sew and catch up.  This quilt goes together VERY quickly, and if you get your top done and pictures posted to our Flickr Group, you could win some pretty *Rockin'* prizes!  Even if you're not quilting along with us, you should still totally check out the Flickr Group to see the awesome things that everyone is doing with these tutorials.
In her tutorial, Melissa offers three different sizes of stars you can do.  You can make all of your stars one size (like I did, due to time restraints), or you can mix and match and use up more of your scraps!
Here's my version of her row (except mine has another block on each side.  Just wouldn't fit in the picture!):


To see what the other designers did for their rows, you can check out their blogs here:
Heather and Megan at Quiltstory
Jen at ReannaLily Designs
AnneMarie at GenX Quilters

And of course, Melissa's tutorial is here!

If you're sewing along with us, don't forget to let us know how the tutorials are, if we're nuts, or if you're having fun!

Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. The tuts are awesome! I added the button so anyone visiting could see my blog. Right now we have a possible serious family illness with my grandfather so I don't know if I will get to join-in in time. Never the less I want to get some christmas fabric and do the rockin robin soon. Hopefully I can do the quilt a long with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was suppose to say * anyone visiting could see it on my blog. LOL I have two little boys trying to escape the table without finishing their lunch so I am multitasking at the moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had time to play along, but it sure is fun to watch it come together!

    ReplyDelete