Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting around to the "official" reveal

Pin It It occurred to me upon receiving a couple of emails from the other designers of our Rockin' Robin Quilt-Along that I never posted my finish!  I posted a picture in the Flickr group, and I may have posted a picture to Facebook (I don't even remember anymore), but I never posted anything here!

I have to say that I'm very impressed with what I've seen in the Flickr group, from all of you that have participated and played along with us.  Originality is bursting out of you people!  It is so fun to see everyone's interpretations of the blocks and rows that we designed.  Seeing you take it and make it your own is so awesome.

Anyway, here is the finished product of *my* efforts.



This is MY QUILT.  Nobody can have it!  It is helping to ease the pain of not yet having time to quilt the top I made for my own bed.  Award-winning quilter has Sears comforter on bed:  tragic.  Anycrap, I love this quilt.  It's so bright and cheery and I couldn't wait to quilt (read: finish) all of those bubbles all over it, which makes it even more fun!

If you are participating in the quilt-along, don't forget to add your pictures of your finished top (it doesn't have to be quilted) to the Flickr pool for a chance to win some awesome prizes!

Speaking of contests and prizes, since we can reveal our quilts now, I entered this quilt into the Cruisin' with Riley Blake contest.  I was browsing the other entries, and found that someone made a quilt from my tutorial I wrote for Riley Blake.  How cool is that!?

And, since I'm sharing this finish, I suppose I'll share a customer quilt finish or two with you.

This first one is Linda's.  It's beautiful.  It was a total pain to quilt and I was in thread-shred hell for days, but it was worth it in the end for how pretty it ended up being!

Annnnd here's the back

Then there's this one.  It was pieced by a cute 12 (?) year old and I quilted it for her for the fair.  She won Grand Champion (?)!!  It is now off to the state fair.  I haven't talked to her and am only relaying the information I've heard, but I'm sure she's super stoked about it!


I really want to show the one that I'm working on now (well not right now) but I refuse to show it until it's done!  It's crazy awesome.  Pink, black and white.  It's like the lovely lady that made it is after my heart.  I'm hoping it will be done tonight, but there's no telling.

I'm also making progress on my super-secret project and it kills me that I can't show that one.  But soon enough!

Oh!  And BeDazzled got another ribbon!  It won second place in Milwaukee.  YEEHAW!

That's all I've got.  My brain is fried, my body is tired and I'm suffering from Chronic Yawn Syndrome.  Is it November yet?!

3 comments:

  1. I love your Rockin Robin Quilt. It's soooo cute and all those pebbles were well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt.
    You are such a talent.

    Alma Stoller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is stupendous! I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete