Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ramblings. Because I need a break.

Pin It So.  I've been working non-stop.  Except for that whole Labor-Day-Weekend-Illness business. 
Since I can't show you what I'm working on, I'll just ramble.  Because I've been quilting all day with no problems and now all of a sudden it's like my machine has forgotten how to form a stitch.  That's not entirely true.  I know it's not the machine.  I know it's not the thread (by the way, have I mentioned how ridiculously awesome AURIfil thread is?!).  Something has happened somewhere, some how, some way that is making a mockery of simple physics.

Back to rambling.

I forgot to tell you all about something.  I suppose I didn't see it as "blog worthy" as my friend, Melissa and I have a lot of the same readers and she already posted about it here.  But then I realized, all of my readers don't read her blog (though you should) and vice versa!

Melissa designed a quilt  and made it up and sent it in to McCall's Quick Quilts.  They loved it!  They wanted it!  It needed to be quilted.  Now, let me just say that this was back in the crazy, insane I'm-quilting-my-BeDazzled-quilt-and-please-leave-me-alone days.  But Melissa knows that I will always do what I can for her (at least I hope you know that, Melissa!) and she took a chance.  I quilted it.  It is now published in the October/November issue of McCall's Quick Quilts!


That's a horrible picture I took of the *actual* magazine that Melissa was kind enough to bring over for me to at least see it. 

Here's a picture of the quilt (I hope Melissa doesn't mind me copying this from her blog...  I don't think she will).


Isn't it pretty!?!  As her blog post says, it was originally named How Does Your Garden Grow, but they re-named it to Melissa's Maze.  I kind of like their name better, because it's a possessive, "Melissa's", as in...  no one else's. 

For anyone that isn't familiar with Melissa's work or doesn't know her, she is a designer for Andover fabrics and while her stuff isn't out yet, I've seen it.  It's pretty freakin' awesome.  She also has two (so far) published patterns through quiltwoman.com.  I love how she uses her daughters in her photos for pattern cover photos.  (They're even cuter in person!)

What else do I have to ramble about?

Not a whole lot, other than how busy I am, which I don't think I need to explain (though I probably do).  Regardless, I know (I know) that there are others out there that are grasping at straws even more than I am.  So I won't go there.  =]

I hope everyone had an awesome holiday weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Lisa THANK YOU! I've been so busy, I haven't been reading blogs at all . . . just had to check in on you and then I see this. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are getting stuff done. I've been out of town so many times this summer, that I'm not getting anything done at all. At least I'll finally be home soon. Melissa's quilt is cute! Nice job Melissa (and you for quilting it).

    ReplyDelete