Thursday, April 12, 2012

Going global, y'all - secret two revealed

Pin It
I've had a kind of really crappy few weeks. I know it could be worse so I'm not complaining in the least. But I thought to raise my spirits a bit I would share something that is pretty exciting to me.
MQX is being held this week. The winners were announced officially last night. I was not one of them! However my BeDazzled quilt's next destination (unless I decide to enter another show, which I doubt) is a pretty big one.
From what I've read the European Patchwork Meeting, held in Alsace, France is the largest quilting show in all of Europe. This year they are featuring an exhibit of Sarah Vedeler's quilts. Mine has been invited to be in this exhibit as well!
So come the end of August I'll be prepping it to ship off to Sarah so she can pack it up with the rest of them.
I have to admit that I'm a little jealous of my little quilt. I haven't been to France since 1999 and don't even have a passport anymore. Why does my quilt get to have all of the fun?! I suppose I can forgive it.
I'm thinking that when it makes its way back across the pond and back into my possession I will retire it early and give it a permanent home on one of the walls in the studio. I mean really- how can you top FRANCE???

11 comments:

  1. Canada tops France. Just sayin....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how nice! Too bad you can't hand-deliver it! Maybe next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! For your quilt, anyway. Too bad you don't get to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your quilt at Mid-Atlantic and it was really amazing in real life (as opposed to photos on the computer monitor). Congratulations on the honor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Too bad it won't bring you back some yummy French food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding! My husband (of the "HI LISA" picture @ NQA) still thinks it is the coolest quilt he has ever seen. I'm heading for Cincinnati for Int. Quilt Show - you have anything there? - Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the most awesome-est, and your quilt isn't so bad either (haha). I think this is WOW news, up there with ALL CAPS and you control yourself so much with the secret-sharing! I think it would be awesome for you and all of your quilties to go visit your quilt in France... I know, I'm dreaming, but WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Je vais vous gâter à Andres et il se sentira comme étant à Paris. La seule chose qui manque sera le décalage horaire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw your quilt this week and it is really great. The ribbons were hard to come by, as the competition in a few of the categories was tight. As you know, there are shows that you don't get reward, and others that you do. Keep hope :-)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your beautiful quilt. It was so amazing to see in person at Road to California with its glorious ribbon! You are an inspiration to others of us out there that hope to one day compete in major quilt shows, too! Keep up the good work! (And thanks for posting on my blog - I corrected your name :-)

    ReplyDelete