Monday, July 9, 2012

From Cleveland to KC, let the fun begin!

Pin It
I have a couple of fun announcements to make!
While at Spring quilt market, I got a text message from Sarah Vedeler asking if I could meet her in her booth, because there was someone that wanted to meet me.  I told her I would be there in 15 minutes thinking it was one of her friends or something.
It was Kathie Stull!  Kathie is the producer of several how-to shows for PBS, including the Brother sponsored show, It's Sew Easy.  Now it's no secret that I absolutely love Brother machines, so I was pretty excited to talk to her.  We exchanged cards with tentative plans for me to be a guest on the show.  After market we exchanged a few emails, I started working on a fun little project that I thought would be perfect for the show, and tada!  I fly out to Cleveland to tape a segment or two the week of August 13th.

When I  made my travel plans, I decided to fly into KC from Cleveland, rather than flying into Denver.  Why?  I thought it would be a perfect excuse to stop off and have some fun with my friends Sheryl and Steph.  I never really have a super good excuse to get out to KC and it just seemed perfect that while I'm so insanely busy and really should be working 24 hours a day, I take a break from the madness for a little bit of R&R, extending my trip by a day.
I must be psychic or something, too.  Because within days of booking my flights, I got a message from the Vice President of the Mo-Kan Machine Quilters Guild asking if I would be interested in speaking at one of their meetings.  She was hoping for September, but I had to tell her it would have to wait until sometime next year, UNLESS it happened to work out that they had a meeting while I would be in town in August.  Guess what!  I'm extending my stay one more day.  :)
So if you're anywhere near the KC area and would like to come hang out with me for a bit, I will be speaking and giving a little trunk show at their meeting held at the Stanley Presbyterian Church, located at 148th & Antioch Road in Overland Park. The meeting is Thursday, August 16 and goes from 10am-noon, so I hope you'll come out to play!  The program is open to non-members for a $5 admission fee.  We're going to have some fun!
I will be back soon with some more quilty goodness and some more announcements!

14 comments:

  1. Yay Yay Yay for you....how exciting!!! I wish I was close I would certainly come and join the fun in KC. AND you will Rock the tapings. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Have a GREAT time you TV star you! Unfortunately, that's a bit too far for me to make the meeting, but they will all have a fun time that night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def or something! Can't wait to hear all about the show taping, have fun, be you, be awesome! Lots of luckies in KC -- so when will you be flying into SoFL? Soooooooon I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fantastic! See, you do good and good comes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot damn girl! What fantabulous news. Yay! Woohoooo, too.

    Happy dancing that may or may not include the DWRs. :D

    Congrats, girl, you deserve this notice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so awesome! You'll have a blast, I bet :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I watch that show all the time! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! Congratulations!
    I am a Clevelander, so if you are looking for good restaurants, or things to do while you are here, let me know and I'll give you a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! You'll have to let us know when the segments are going to air!! I'll have to have you autograph my TV listing guide - LOL! Too bad it's not here in Columbus . . . Knock 'em crazy at the guild!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I'll be thru KC a few days earlier, after dropping of my youngest at college and heading to visit the oldest at college. I wish a had a couple extra days to check out your presentation.

    ReplyDelete