Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Quilts! Finally some quilts!

Pin It
I've been busy, huh?  Running my mouth about my thoughts and feelings and fun things going on and I haven't given you much quilty goodness lately.  Except for of course, Crop Circles, which will forever be one of my favorite quilts.


Can you really blame me???
I have been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to organize a post with pictures and information and stuff.  You know?  Not only that, but I haven't really been able to actually photograph many of the quilts I've done.  I'm always in a rush to get the next one on the frame (one-woman-assembly-line, right here) and my customers are always in such a rush to pick up their babies that it just seems like the time to take pictures gets forgotten.  But I do have a few to share with you!

First up is a Sharman's Vintage Garden.  For anyone that doesn't know, Sharman's Vintage garden is an AMAZING embroidered quilt designed by Simon and Jenny Haskins.  This quilt was the first quilt top that I quilted when I got back from Market.  In May.  Yeah.  It was so big (120" square) that it was almost impossible to photograph and you really couldn't see any of the details from the front!  I was going to try to get some shots the day after I finished it but my client (whom I hadn't even called yet?!) showed up while I was trimming it.  So this is all you get!
Pre-quilting.  The center was wet because there were water soluble pen marks and I was hoping they weren't set with the iron.  And they were.  But she didn't realize that and they will eventually fade!


Then there's a crappy you-can't-see-anything front shot...

And a couple of the back...


That's all I got!  Travesty, right?
The top that I quilted right after this one was done was completely totally insanely massive as well and again, hard to photograph.  Let's see what I can dig up.  Giant log cabin! She said, "feather the crap out of it".  So I did.



I was concerned how that grey would quilt up because it was a cheapo $4.29/yard prairie cloth.  But it quilted wonderfully!  I was so surpised!


And the back...

One more and then I promise I'm done!
Jinny Beyer's Moonglow!  I love this one because I used a solid black back and then matched my bobbin to the front for every color change, so it's a completely awesome reversible quilt.  And no, that is not glow in the dark thread!  It's my special thread though.  :)





I'm sure it seems like I put feathers on everything.  I might love to quilt them because they're fast and great for fullness BUT, I really don't put them on *everything*! 

So that's all I have for you for now.  I'm thinking in my next installment I'll make another announcement!  YAAAAAY!

17 comments:

  1. The first smile of my morning.....I LOVE your work and you....yes, I'm a fan, what can I say. Thanks for sharing yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've been digitizing some of my own designs, I've been wondering how the heck they can/will be quilted. Thanks to your "crappy photo" of Sharman's Vintage Garden, I now have a much better idea. Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you snuck one in there on me! Very nice -- love the feathers. Love, Love, Love MoonGlow - that really turned out awesome. Hmmm, I seem to be running out of adjectives - WOW! Always a treat to look at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - very nice! Love seeing all of your magic on the back - and those color changes - amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alli can say is WOW! You surely have been busy! I love the log cabin!
    But don't think I've ever seen onei didn't like. I adore log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so gorgeous! I would love to learn to quilt half as well as you do! I often don't get good photos of my quilts and then I am kicking myself later. I'm really trying to be better about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, you've done it again! Gorgeous-all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! I love the colours of those thread too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone of those photos I thought 'oh that's my favorite' - but honestly they are all so amazing for their own reasons, how can I choose? I especially love the reversible one - that thread play is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All beautiful, as usual! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! And I love the back of the Moonglow! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing quilting!!!!! Featherific!!!! :-) Seriously...phenomenal feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Crop Circles quilt is AMAAAAZING---I am totally in love with this quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed that whole post but have to tell you when I got to that last bit of colorful quilted feathers I gasped-out loud. Those are incredible and beautiful and make the back of the quilt a stunner. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete