Monday, August 20, 2012

The making of a TV Show

Pin It
My trip to Cleveland was ridiculously eventful.  So much so, that I almost just turned around, went home and hid under the covers from the rest of the world.  But I kept reminding myself that I'm not a quitter, and kept trudging through the motions until I found myself safely at the hotel near the studios.

The morning of my taping I got up at 5am and called for a cab at 7.  At 8 I was still waiting, and was pretty furious to find out that they had no intention of sending a driver to get me.  Luckily a very lovely man named Dave came and picked me up in a fancy BMW and got me to the studio by 8:15!

Upon my arrival I was welcomed with open arms.  I was the newbie of the group, so I didn't have much to talk about.  I sat in my little corner in the green room and prepared my project for the taping.  I was scheduled to tape toward the end of the day, but was bumped up to just before lunch.

Katharine, the producer's assistant said that she would set up a Quattro for me to practice before my taping began.  Hmmmm, why would I need to practice?!  I politely declined.

It hadn't occured to me to be nervous until I was sitting on set.  Once the initial burst of anxiety was over with, I think it went pretty well.  You never realize how fast that time goes until suddenly the producer is talking into your earpiece telling you that you only have two minutes left.  Holy cow!  I didn't get to see any of the playback, but I was told that I did a good job, so let's hope so!  Once I got back into the green room, I did see this still showing on the TV.  Look, it's my hand!

Once my segment was done and out of the way I felt a lot more at ease.  I took a few pictures in the green room too!

Steph from Threads Magazine was taking a picture of me so I decided to take a picture of her too.

And then there's a couple from the set.  I may or may not have a small crush on one of the members of the production crew (shhhh).

And here's one of all of us in the green room after lunch. You can't tell but I was absolutely exhausted! The makeup artist said, "You may not BE wide awake, but you're going to LOOK wide awake.". She did her job very well!

Later that night I even ran into Gretchen Hirsch, an It's Sew Easy veteran that I just adore (from afar)!  We chatted for a while and had a good time.

And then it was all over!! I had a great time with the whole crew and if you are ever given the opportunity to do something like this, I highly suggest you jump on it!
The last leg of my trip was even more amazing.  Can't wait to share it with you!  One thing at a time.  :)


  1. you did a great job I am sure - don't you just hate those cabbies that are so unreliable..I live in a small community and can rely on mine. One of the scariest cab rides I ever had was in New York.

  2. Eventful.. that's an understatement! So proud of you and can not wait to see your episode. The first of many, many more -- I am sure!

  3. Awesome, dude! I can't believe how relaxed you were about it! I would've been a mess :o)

  4. "Found" you on Angela's blog this morning. Ten read your last 6 or 8 posts. And you are something else! Something else GOOD! I love your humor and your spirit and your quilting and your attitude. I'm a fan. You go Lisa!

  5. It is not my first time to visit this web
    page, i am browsing this web page dailly and get pleasant data from here all
    the time.

    Look into my web-site ... bmi chart

  6. I appreciate, lead to I found just what I used to be taking a look for.

    You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have
    a nice day. Bye

    Have a look at my web blog :: heated cat house